Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a multifaceted condition that is rooted in lifestyle factors but also your unique genetic makeup. Some women are simply more prone to suffering these problems than others. PCOS weight loss tips however are essential to all women who suffer from this problem because there is convincing links between weight gain and the hormonal imbalances that characterizes PCOS.
This is however a bit of a chicken and egg problem: which came first? The answer is probably both and over time it becomes a nasty cycle. For instance if you gain weight due to lifestyle factors you may trigger the insulin resistance that causes PCOS. However if you trigger PCOS from another reason you will find it easier to put on weight because of the insulin resistance. This means that however it happened carrying a bit of extra weight is a cause and continuing feeder of ovarian cysts and all the other symptoms of PCOS.
For more information on PCOS and weight loss visit ‘Ovarian Cysts Cures‘
Here are some PCOS weight loss tips that helped myself and my sister lose some weight and form a PCOS weight loss plan.
- No more soda – These are a real health hazard and will just send sugar into a body that is coping badly with blood sugar. Ditch these as a start to PCOS weight loss.
- Water down or stop drinking juice – Fruit juices are just loaded with sugars and eliminating these makes a big impact on your blood sugar levels and what gets turned to fat.
- Stop buying process meat – We pretty much turned into part time vegetarians which helped a lot. Processed meat however was a big thing we ditched. Ham, bacon, salami and the like are packed with sodium and other things we just don’t need a lot of.
- Drink more water – Hydration is good for detoxification and will help you body stay fit and improve your immune system. I also recommend green tea which has a lot of anti-oxidants.
- Eat less grains – We have all seen the lie that is the food pyramid with grains as a major part of your diet. This is totally bogus and just a wide reaching scam by grain farmers. Cut down on breads and grains and instead …
- Eat more vegetables – Hardly a secret but when you drop something off the menu make sure you fill that up with something healthy or you might just fall into an unhealthy trap as a replacement.
- Walk just 30 minutes a day – No need for strenuous exercise regimes, healthy eating and moderate but consistent exercise can lower your fat and increase your metabolism. The key is consistency and making it a habit.